Bal Harbour Shops Breaks Ground On 350,000 SF Expansion

Dec 01, 2019 No Comments by

Construction got underway last week on an expansion project that will see a new wing added to the Bal Harbour Shops, Whitman Family Development CEO Matthew Whitman Lazenby told the WSJ.

In total, the shopping mall will have around 700,000 square feet of space when the project is completed, compared to 450,000 square feet today.

Whitman was issued a $550 million construction loan over the summer to fund the expansion, in what brokers said was one of the largest ever mortgages ever issued in Miami.

At the time, Barneys New York had signed on to occupy a 57,414-square-foot space. Barneys has since filed for bankruptcy.

Bal Harbour Shops recorded its highest ever sales in 2014 at nearly $750 million. Sales dropped since then due to competition and a slow global economy, but they are now once again close to their peak, the WSJ reported.

The expansion will include a new wing, grand entrance, and third level.

 

Source:  The Next Miami

 

————————-

Get the latest industry news and information from CRE-sources delivered right to your email inbox!
And we promise…no more than one email each morning.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

 

 

Go Ahead...Share!
  • email
  • Print
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • RSS
  • Add to favorites
Industry News, Miami-Dade County Retail, NA, Retail
No Responses to “Bal Harbour Shops Breaks Ground On 350,000 SF Expansion”

Leave a Reply